Saturday 21 November 2009

PAN Amsterdam (Opening night)

The Zilvergalerie de Watertoren have taken their show to the Amsterdam RAI, where they will show and sell at the Arts and Antiques fair - 'PAN Amsterdam' until 29th November 2009. What a vibrant, exciting and inspiring show it is. Quite unlike anything I have seen before. In true welcoming, Dutch style the conversation, wine, canapés and of course the coffees were flowing and the hall was full of with a warm and buzzing atmosphere. There truly is something for everyone who visits no matter his or her style or taste.
The hall is packed with history and stories - your imagination can run free and wild. I found myself transported from drinking wine with Greek Goddesses, to bathing with the Roman athletes, from dancing in Dutch fields surrounded by livestock, to lazing about in Parisian cafes, and then I was arm around shipmate as I crossed the old seas to discover new treasures and lands. As I turned the next corner I found myself dining under sparkling crystal, rotating stars and golden eyes. Shots of soup and chandeliers of hand blow glass, I sipped on champagne and oysters. I travelled through the ages and around the world. I saw new and old, plump and fat, hollow and decaying, young and inspired, fresh faces and scared barnacles, smooth and rickety, contemporary, furniture, silver, gold, diamonds, books, pottery, glass, paintings, photography and more. As I walked I ventured to India, Africa, Japan, S.Korea, to the Aboriginal tribes of Australia, Persia, through Europe and on. I can't capture it all in one memory and I will have to return but for now I look forward to my dreams and I hope you get a chance to go and see it for yourself.

Good night and visit soon.


Showing with the Silver Gallery of the water tower, Schoonhoven are the participants of last years Silver in Motion alongside, Paul de Vries, Titiaan de Geer and A. There work and the gallery website can be found at http://www.zilvergalerie.nl, where there are also pictures of the water tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment